home stack

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 01:58:01 EST 2003

--- erik hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:
> > The home stack is the first stack that is
> > opened by Revolution for its
> > interface... but it's just a name... the home
> > stack has no special
> > significance as compared to any other stack.
>
> how does Revolution decide which will be
> "the first stack that is opened"?

Hi Erik,

Well, apart from its being baked in at compiler time,
the key thing to remember here is that there is no
real 'home' stack as we (or at least quite a few of
us) know it from our HyperCard days.

Another thing to note is that there's only a 'home'
stack in the RunRev IDE (mainly for HyperCard-backward
compatibility) and that there isn't one in your
stand-alone, unless you were to explicitly create a
stack named 'home' in there.

The closest thing to a 'Home' stack for us now, is to
store all those nifty handlers into a separate library
stack, and then insert its script into back at
startup.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====