My 2 bits on pre-beta

Jim Witte jswitte at bloomington.in.us
Thu Feb 6 17:52:00 EST 2003

   My two bits about the pre-beta:  First of all, kudos to the Rev team
for putting it out.  I figured part of the reason they put it out in
it's alpha state is to "satisfy" people who have (perhaps justifiably)
been kvetching about when 2.0 will come out.  Well.. stop kvetching so
badly now!

   Okay, on to my two (maybe three and a half) bits:  first, having a
button a automatically resize a button width to be as wide as the title
plus some margin would be great (this may be part of whatever's going
to be in the Geometry panel).  Better yet (I don't know if this is
possible with MC) would be to be able to edit button name's in the
stack itself without going to the property palette.

   I haven't used the alignment manager at all (in 1.1.1 or 2.0a), but
snap-to guides for new buttons etc would be good.  I like
InterfaceBuilder.. (being able to import Nibs would be great too, but
that might be too much to ask, unless someone can put me in touch with
the nib file format..)

   It would be nice if the Application Overview window would remember
it's position on startup (and maybe the other palettes as well - I
don't remember if they do or not)  A command-N for "New Mainstack"
would be a nice touch (and maybe Cmd-Opt-N for New Substack)

   Finally, and I'm not sure how this would work out in practice, would
be an option to have the all the palettes (property, script, etc), NOT
be palettes, but be regular windows.  I'm mainly looking for a way to
close the palette without using the mouse - using a laptop without a
USB mouse, I like to stay off the trackpad as much as possible.

Keep up the great work!
Jim Witte
jswitte at bloomington.in.us