control arrays?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 12:05:01 EST 2003

--- Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com> wrote:
> Does revolution have the concept of GUI control
> arrays? This is a
> useful thing that Cocoa has (actually has GUI
> control matrices) and I
> think Java has control arrays too. For instance i
> need to put a bunch
> of radio groups into a scrolling group, but won't
> know until run-time
> how many there will be.

Hi Alex,

I've accomplished this in the past with a script
similar to this :

  lock screen
  -- now setup the template properties
  set the style of the templateButton to "radiobutton"
  -- create the buttons in the group
  repeat for each line tButtonName of tNewButtons
    create button tButtonName in group "Foobar"
    set the top of it to tRunningTop
    add 20 to tRunningTop
  end repeat
  -- all done, so redraw screen
  unlock screen

Of course you'll have to do some bookkeeping to remove
the buttons etc, but that shouldn't prove too hard.

Hope this helped a bit,

Jan Schenkel.

=====