Program Executable Location

Jez jbradshaw at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 6 07:17:00 EST 2003

Can I access the location of the executable being run ? For example, if I
create the standalone "C:\Program Files\MyApp\Myexe.exe" I want to
programmatically get the directory "C:\Program Files\MyApp" so that I can
store some files underneath this. Also when running in browse mode I would
like the same code to give me the location of the revolution executable.

I am aware that I can examine defaultFolder on startup (which does indeed
give you the executable location) and store this in a global variable, but
this does not work well when testing the app in browse mode, since if it
executes the same code again by that time the defaultFolder will probably
point to somewhere else. A more secure way of getting the executable
location would be preferable.