Rotating Images without enlarging the image space

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Thu Feb 6 06:18:00 EST 2003

Howard Bornstein writes:

> Are you saying that in 2.0, the angle property will also apply to images?
> In the 1.1.1 docs it says "set the angle of a _graphic_ to angledegrees"
>
> "Use the angle property to create an arc shape or to rotate a regular
> polygon."
>
> Nothing about images (or has this always been there undocumented)?
>
> Howard Bornstein
As I recall, the MC Help entry for Angle mentions objects in general. An
image is an object, therefore...

In any case, it does indeed work for setting the display angle of images
with MC 2.4.3 on WinXP pro. Note it is for integer values for degrees only.
If you want an animation, it will be very slow rotation for large images. I
noted for looping in 1 degree steps that it took about 1 second per step for
my specific  test image.

miscdas