Storing images

Jim Witte jswitte at bloomington.in.us
Tue Feb 4 19:57:01 EST 2003

>> *embedded* into the stacks; if you don't, you can leave them on disk
>> and reference them as many times
> I understand that the resource fork thing was very MacClassic oriented.
> Still, one wonders why there isn't a ca 1987 elegant, modern solution
> in
> 2003. [..] why, once you've embedded something, you have to re-embed
> it with each
> usage.

   I haven't read this thread *that* closely or done much (anything
really) with embedding images yet, so excuse my ignorance if
appropriate.  Would it be possible to embed the image on one card (like
a PICT resource or whatnot), and then reference that image other places
in the stack (to avoid "re-embedding bloat")?

Jim