Storing images

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Feb 3 23:50:01 EST 2003

I'll chime in here for the Rev way of doing it, if you intend to use
images in multiple instances and even more... if  you want to use those
same images  at  different sizes in different instances...

Having used the "store image in a substack, call via button icon image
ID" method... I would say, though it may seem a little like a work
around that... works very well.

Also I have had trouble with changing image sizes in pre-open card
handlers for images that are part of a background group... but those
same display problems went away when I put the image in a substack and
programatically changed the size of the image that is stored in the
substack, in preopen card handlers. The subsequent button instance
display always works as expected., such that multiple "instances"
across different cards can be of different sizes with zero additional
overhead in terms of speed. If you keep the images on disk, forget it...

There is one "gotcha" here though.. watching out for shifting ID's as
you import new images...

How would one use this? imagine full screen images that later in our
presentation become small thumbnails which have all the attributes of a
button...