Cut,Copy,Paste menus

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Sat Feb 1 00:05:01 EST 2003

Hi All,

I've worked on this all day and can't find the problem so I bring it to you.
I can't get the  cut,copy,paste menuitems to work via cmd keys in my app. I
made a simple app with just those menus to make sure I was able to make some
app work and that worked okay, but my original app is still uncooperative.

Here are my symptoms:
Works when the items are chosen from the menubar with the mouse
Works when the menubar is clicked so that the menu drops down (don't hold
down the mousekey) and then the cmd key combo is chosen.
It does not work when the cmd key combo is chosen. In fact, apparently, the
menupick message is not sent. I have a 'beep' command in the menupick
message before the switch/case starts and another for the particular case
and neither beeps. However, the menubar flickers at the 'Edit' menu.

This is true for standalone and in UI suspended mode.

I enable/disable these items in the mousedown handler for the menu depending
on whether there is text selected. The menu belongs to the mainstack which
is a palette. Other substacks with textflds set their menubar to this
menubar (it is also called as the default menubar when the mainstack is
opened).

A 'select all' menuitem in the same menu as cut,copy,paste does not have a
problem activating with the cmd key.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be or how I can look for it?

Thanks
Ron