USB mics supported by Record?

Dan Soneson sonesond1 at southernct.edu
Tue Dec 30 17:27:07 EST 2003

> Any of you have success with USB mics and the record sound command?

Hi Richard,

I have had no trouble using a microphone headset plugged into an iMic.
I do not use Revolution to set the input, however. I leave that up to
the sound system preferences panel. I think I have even used a regular
USB microphone and recorded nicely using OSX. I am still a bit shaky on
using Rev in a standalone to record sound, but in the development
environment everything works fine.

What system are you trying this with? Is the trouble present in the
development environment or only in a standalone application?

Dan

Daniel B. Soneson
Director, Language Lab
Southern CT State University