Where Can I Find Details On PlugIns?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Dec 29 13:43:59 EST 2003

>  > Good to know, Richard...and, BTW, the fact that the stack resides in
>>  the Revolution Plugin folder was an issue in this case, as this
>>  created an "abnormal" environment for SDB calls.
>
>What was different?

When resolving requests for file access, SDB stacks/standalones look:

    * In the same folder as the stack/standalone.
    * In a PlugIn folder in the stack/standalones' folder
    * In a Data folder in the stack/standalone's folder
    * In the specialFolderPath, "Documents" on Windows
    * In a Data folder in the folder containing the application bundle
on Mac OS X.
    * In a PlugIn folder in the folder containing the application
bundle on Mac OS X.
    * In the folder containing the application bundle on Ma OS X.

None of the above locations works elegantly for a stack in
Revolution's Plugin folder.  In my development environment, for
example, the folder I'm working in isn't even in the Revolution
folder.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company