Converting a PicHandle to format for use with imageData

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Dec 29 13:11:41 EST 2003

On Monday, December 29, 2003, at 09:38 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> I've had a request to add support to my QT External for extracting an
> image from a QuickTime movie (poster movie or the frame at a certain
> point in time) and assigning it to an image in Revolution.  Getting an
> image from a QT movie is pretty straightforward but the QT API returns
> a PicHandle.  I have absolutely no idea how to get this into a format
> that Revolution could use for imageData and was wondering if anyone on
> the list had any experience with this.

You might also consider a format you can put directly into the 'text'
property of the image.  You might experiment and see what formats you
can stuff in directly.  Or you can set it from a file if that is not
too slow or otherwise a problem.

The function exportPicHandleToFile() here might give you some ideas on
working with picHandle:
    http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/icefloe/dispatch014.html

Dar Scott