GET Request from Revolution Fails

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Dec 28 23:30:35 EST 2003

Duh, we were trying that, but missed the obvious shell to set to.

OK this works:

set the shellcommand to "bin/sh/"

is required, despite documentation that this is the default

"By default, the shellCommand property is set to “/bin/sh” (the Bourne
shell) on Unix systems, and “command.com” on Windows systems."

It's not the default on Solaris or Red Hat anyway... has to be set.

So, our eCommerce xTalk back end complete with CC# verification,
authorization and run time charge and deposit with all associated HTML
for online subscriptions to Hinduism Today magazine ... is almost
complete. If anyone thinks it useful I'll post the code on the
contributions... so, we really don't need PERL after all  --Thank
goodness, because we are not "real" programmers here anyway...

Thanks for the help!

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery