[ANN] CLIPSExamples 1.0 - a RevCLIPS demo app

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 25 17:55:21 EST 2003

On Wednesday, December 24, 2003, at 02:49  AM, Alex Rice wrote:

> RevCLIPS is CLIPS rule based/object based expert system engine
> delivered as a Runtime Revolution external (native code library).
>
> For more information about RevCLIPS and the free download of
> CLIPSExamples app <http://mindlube.com/developer/revclips/>

> Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com>

Kool; COOL

Can't wait to see your source code for this CLIPSExamples 1.0. Thanks
for the introduction to CLIPS and your hard work. This looks like
something I could get into. I can't wait to get into expert systems
with the AI capacity of CLIPS & Roulette patterns among groups of
numbers occurring during multi-numbered events like 300 spins per
full-event-cycle. I was going to write my own 80%, 85%, 95% & 100%
if/then based system for checking patterns using Transcript for the
rule based checking. Being new to CLIPS just today I will have to learn
from your CLIPSExamples 1.0 source code.

I'm particularly interested in this:

 From this: http://www.ghg.net/clips/WhatIsCLIPS.html

"Rule-based programming is one of the most commonly used techniques for
developing expert systems. In this programming paradigm, rules are used
to represent heuristics, or "rules of thumb," which specify a set of
actions to be performed for a given situation. A rule is composed of an
if portion and a then portion. The if portion of a rule is a series of
patterns which specify the facts (or data) which cause the rule to be
applicable. The process of matching facts to patterns is called pattern
matching. The expert system tool provides a mechanism, called the
inference engine, which automatically matches facts against patterns
and determines which rules are applicable. The if portion of a rule can
actually be thought of as the whenever portion of a rule since pattern
matching always occurs whenever changes are made to facts. The then
portion of a rule is the set of actions to be executed when the rule is
applicable. The actions of applicable rules are executed when the
inference engine is instructed to begin execution. The inference engine
selects a rule and then the actions of the selected rule are executed
(which may affect the list of applicable rules by adding or removing
facts). The inference engine then selects another rule and executes its
actions. This process continues until no applicable rules remain."

Merry Christmas & Thanks,

Mark Brownell