QT 6.5, new MIDI instruments

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Thu Dec 25 11:32:06 EST 2003

I've noticed that QT 6.5 (on Mac OS X, anyway) has a complete set of
MIDI instruments (128 as opposed to the subset previously available
through QT).  This is good news for those of us working with MIDI in
our projects!
Unfortunately the QT update does not affect the audio/MIDI player
controller problem in OS X/Rev 2.  I have been able to partly work
around it in recent changes to my projects by scripting my own
pause/resume controls, but it does not allow the flexibility and
control of simply using a player controller.

-Kurt