Splash snafu

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Dec 23 19:43:39 EST 2003

On Dec 23, 2003, at 5:05 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Hi Trevor,
>
>> Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:02:15 -0700
>> From: Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com>
>> Subject: Re: Splash snafu
>
>> I believe if you close the splash stack, as opposed to just hiding it,
>> it will remain in memory but will not receive messages.  That might be
>> easier then having to worry about what messages it is processing.
> ----------
> My intention is to have it carry the standalone app engine.
>
> If I actually close it in the built version, will the engine remain
> running?

It does if you close the built stack and go to a new one in the same
handler.  I haven't tried other variations but.

on LaunchProgram
	close this stack
	go "/data/program.rev" in new window
end LaunchProgram

> My goal was to keep it safely running offscreen, deliberately to
> prevent a
> user from closing it, and accidentally shutting down the app.

In this case you may want to just hide it or set the loc to some large
negative number.  I *think* that if you use the method above then when
the user closes program.rev the app would quit.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com