Any Russian developers out there?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Dec 22 15:35:19 EST 2003

> Thanks for your response, but the macToIso and isoToMac Transcript functions
> don't apply... We are using FileMaker on the PC...
> It is just the text showing as garbage... We tried everything, I think there
> is a problem exporting the files from FileMaker.

Here are two things you could try:

1) Make sure you are exporting from FileMaker as Unicode and check the mail
archives on using Unicode in Rev.

2a) Create a field in Rev with its textFont set to whatever Cyrillic font is
used In FM to display the text properly and see if you can read the text
file into the field.

2b) Set the textFont of the above field to Arial, read the external Russian
text into the field, and then going line by line select each line of text in
the field and set the textFont to whatever Cyrillic font is used in FM.

The reason I make suggestions 2a/b is we've developed projects to display
double byte text (Japanese, Chinese S/T and Korean) without using Unicode.
The source text of these documents appears as garbage on non-localized
machines, and that is just what we needed to display it properly within Rev.
The only way we found to proof the text was on either on a truly localized
machine, or using the Region settings on WinXP which allow you to set up
your machine to display text correctly (more or less) using an alternate
language/region.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director