Newbie Questions from a ToolBook Developer

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 22 12:22:22 EST 2003

On 12/22/03 6:56 AM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> P.S. if you don't
> make the group first before you make new cards then it won't be included
> on each new card after the fact. I just right a button to repeat for
> number of cards and paste. Then before I hit the button I do a copy of
> the grouped objects. It does not seem to cause any adverse affects
> having to do this. I wish there were a way to create a 'background'
> element. However if you already have a background group on all cards you
> can add to this group after the fact and the new object within this
> group will be included in all cards that have that background group.

This isn't the most efficient way to do it and creates some bloat in the
stack. When you copy/paste a group to another card, you are creating a
duplicate copy of the group. If all you want to do is include an
existing group on a card, then you just need to place the existing group
onto the new card. Use the "Place Group" menu item in the Objects menu
to do that.

This has the same effect as creating a group with its backgroundBehavior
set to true and then making a new card (which will automatically include
any groups on the originating card.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com