Executable (distribution) can't be deleted in Window XP

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 17:54:10 EST 2003

I've been building apps (distributions) using my nice new laptop
running Windows XP. No problem there - but when I want to rebuild,
the DB doesn't seem to be able to delete (overwrite) the previous
version of the app (which always has the same name). After running
the app, I want to delete it: when I try to delete the .exe file
directly by selecting it in Windows Explorer and choosing 'delete'
from the right-click menu, I get a message saying that it can't be
deleted because 'Access is denied'. The app isn't running and doesn't
show up in the taskbar. I know next to nothing about Windows XP, but
it seems to me that RunRev has done something to the file to make it
impossible to delete.

Can anyone explain this? Nothing in bugzilla that I could find.

TIA

Graham