OODB/Valentina-Revolution

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Sun Dec 21 13:24:15 EST 2003

On Friday, Dec 19, 2003, at 11:25 America/Denver, Chuck Pelto wrote:

> On Friday, Dec 19, 2003, at 11:13 America/Denver, Dar Scott wrote:
>
>> Valentina has some features I like that are called OO in its docs
>> IIRC, though they might not be what you are looking for or what
>> others call OODB.  It has a nice, well-founded marriage of relational
>> structure and pointers.
>
> Interesting. Someone over on the F-Pro listserv mentioned Valentina
> and I'm looking at it.
>
> Can anyone answer some questions about how far I can take
> Revolution-Valentina in terms of R/OO DBMS? Here's the E-R concept:
>
> Four data files:
> File1 - Parent
> File2 - Parent
> File3 - Many-to-Many link of File1 and File2
> File4 - Child of File1 which would show info in File3 wherever a File1
> record is linked to in File3.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chuck

I guess, by the silence from my earlier post (see above), that the
likelihood of doing what I propose in the Revolution-Valentina
environment is rather slim?

Or maybe I'm just not explaining it correctly?

What is the relationship between Valentina and Revolution in the first
place? How do they interact? Has anyone done a relational-database
using Revolution-Valentina?

Thanks,

Chuck