Capturing Audio and Video with RevRun

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 21 09:53:45 EST 2003

Micheal,

Video and Audio from within REV is one of the easier things I have
encountered using REV. I was even able to access the video controls for
an iSight camera which apple says is not meant to do and REV does it
great.

I use all of the REV builtin video controls and they access the USB
camera just fine. There are a couple of sample stacks that do the
videograbber stuff and are good examples of good coding as well.

I did not see wether it relies on Quicktime or not or on Macintosh or
not. Sorry. If I have time I will try my stack out in Virtual PC on my
Mac. That may sound like cheating but actually if I can get it to work
in Virtual PC then you should have no problems because Virtual PC has
issues with loading drivers and sharing usb devices with the Mac. I
will do this if I have time this week.

HTHs

Tom