Shell or Launch or HELP!!!!

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Sat Dec 20 20:50:43 EST 2003

On OS X, you want to use the "open" command with shell. Here's the
beginning of the man page- I would get it working in Terminal.app. To
get the entire manual, type "man open" in Terminal.app.

You want something like: get shell("open /folder/somefile")

HTH

NAME
      open - open files and directories

SYNOPSIS
      open [-a application] file ...

      open [-e] file ...

DESCRIPTION
      The open command opens a file (or a directory or URL), just as if
you had
      double-clicked the file's icon. If no application name is
specified, the
      default application as determined via LaunchServices is used to
open the
      specified files.

      If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a
URL.