High-Order ASCII Alphabet & Other Keyboard Edits

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Dec 20 16:55:10 EST 2003

>What happens if one scripts, for example:
>
>	put empty into keysAllowed
>	repeat with x = 128 to 255
>		get numToChar(x)
>		if it >= "Ù" and  it <= "ü" then put it into keysAllowed
>	end repeat
>?
>
>Does this or does this not return the same values on all Rev
>platforms & all fonts?

At the risk of exposing more of my ignorance, let me rephrase that:

Rev will see the characters as numeric values and return the same
list of numeric values; but will the first character always display
as "Ù" and the last character as "ü" on all Rev platforms & all fonts?

I checked the Rev Dictionary for "diacritical" but the three
references (find, toLower, toUpper) weren't much help.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company