Christmas stocking stuffer ideas?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Dec 20 13:30:07 EST 2003

On Saturday, December 20, 2003, at 03:40 AM, Malte Brill wrote:

>> As for other people's programming, how about including Yibbah, if
>> that's OK with Malte.
>
> Definitely OK. ;-)
>
> Please let us know what you collected when you´re finished Dar.

Where do I find this?  ...whatever it is...

I think we are going to a Christmas story book for the main creation,
though I want to throw other apps in.  Because of time limitations,
I'll probably use my "Primer" foundation.  I can then give credit to
gadgets at the end.

It would be cooler to have a book look with a windowShape border, but I
am limited in time.  Maybe I can try windowShape to cut a hole in a
window illustration.  That way, if it does not work on some platforms,
it won't break things.  I'm not sure what problems I will have with the
title bar and windowShape, though; maybe I will have to lose the title
bar.

This can be a silly story that includes photos, pictures and other
things about family around the world.

I'm thinking of including my loupe in an illustration.

Anybody have clocks (analog and seven-segments)?  Maybe I can have
clocks work in the time-zone of the illustration.

Dialtone and DTMF sounds for an imaginary phone?  Maybe I can allow
dialing 9 to get to the real world and dial via modem.

What is a good site for clip art and sounds?

What gadgets might I include in illustrations?
What silly things might this book do?

Dar
Scott