COM objects?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Dec 17 12:13:26 EST 2003

On Dec 16, 2003, at 5:43 PM, <michael at ortv.com> wrote:

> How about incorporating DLLs and other objects? I have seen references
> to incorporating "externals" and Altuit even has a browser component
> that looks quite good. Are there any pointers to documentation on
> that?

Yes one could write an external to call functions in some .dll or in a
COM object or whatever.

The SDK available from metacard.com is the same one to use for
Revolution. It's *undocumented*. But it does have an example stack and
example external in the C language.

A new SDK with documentation is supposed to be in a future release of
Runrev.

I don't know why the features page says "SDK for creating externals in
any compiled language". I've only heard of people using C to write
externals. I believe with other xtalks it was possible to use pascal or
basic, but AFAIK one must use C with runrev.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>