Scrolling Cards

Ray Bennett smilingeyes at mac.com
Wed Dec 17 11:23:19 EST 2003

I'm not sure I'm understanding you perfectly, but this _may_ be what
you're after...

You're middle section, I presume, consists of a bunch of child fields.
  If you select all of these child fields and group them, then make that
group scrollable, it will allow you to scroll only the middle section
(this won't have the appearance of scrolling the card, though).   This
sounds like what you're after.

One of the bonuses in grouping things this way is that you can
dynamically grow the groups size by adding more child fields to it.
For instance when you click on a parent record and it has 30 children,
you can add the additional fields to the group and it will grow
proportionately.  You will need to make sure when you're done, then,
that you reset the groups height to match that of the card - then
you're scrollbar will be exactly what you need.   (If you lock the
groups location and size you may not need the last step.)

Hope this helps.
Ray