Cascade

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 16:37:22 EST 2003

--- Ironmaan at aol.com wrote:
> Jan,
>
> I appologize for sending this directly, but I am a
> newbie and am a bit
> embarassed by my ignorance.
> But if you could help me one more time I think my
> problem will be solved.
>
> With your last instruction I was able to get the
> button to cascade properly
> with only one item per casade. How do I set the
> button so that it will list,
> say 4 manufacturers, and then once a particular
> manufacturer has been selected
> the button cascades to many different types and then
> from types to many
> different sizes? Right now I have a list of 4
> manufacturers but the arrow that allows
> you to cascade to the next list of items is only
> available on the last item
> in the list.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> John

Hi John,

There's no need to feel embarassed : the list is here
because there are a lot of people more than happy to
help others out and answer their questions.
Remember, there are no stupid questions :)

Besides, there might be others who were about to ask
the same question. So don't be afraid to tells us what
you need to now, and we'll try and help you accomplish
your goal.

Now to get back to your question. What ought to be at
the same level needs to have the same number of
preceding tabs ; so try this :

set the text of btn "MyCascadingMenu" to \
    "A" & return & \
    tab & "A.1" & return & \
    tab & tab & "A.1.1" & return & \
    tab & tab & "A.1.2" & return & \