Decimal Separator

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 15 12:43:51 EST 2003

On Monday, December 15, 2003, at 06:21  AM, Thomas J McGrath III wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> You know this is exactly the kind of info that I know I will need in
> exactly seven and a half months from now and not remember what it was
> or exactly where it was. I wish there was a place in REV to update
> important info like this. I know I could copy it somewhere myself and
> I do but stickies just gets confusing and I loose my word files.

Tom,

Warning: Topical Promotion

That is why I've invented MTML, Meaningful Text Markup Language. This
is my vapor-ware announcement. One of the key uses for my free to use
reader is the ability to read books that have semantic/topical
references that can be added by the reader. The free version is for
distribution of published works but the $19.95 USD version allows the
user to make unlimited sized original files. These files can be made up
of important e-mails that you would like to gather and read at a later
date. You can copy and then import each e-mail or text from a web-page
as a new page in the Notebook. If you bookmark a page, use keyword
search, or create a phrase based connection you will be able to gather
and read topical information.

It would be possible to create a topical reference to a majority of the
threads contributed to this list with this new tool. A beta testing
version will be ready in about a month. There will be no manual and
maybe no help section at that time but both of those things will be
available when this thing is ready. I'm already using it to store
web-page text & e-mails. I know that Dan Shafer has started posting
topical threads of this list at his website. Perhaps someone will want
to go through the archives of this list and create a referenced MTML
Notebook file that all can use. The nice thing about this is changes
can be made to it and additional threads can be added to it the more it
gets used. MTML is an extensible hybrid HTML markup language. This
allows the user to alter the markup being used to present pages without
having to see the markup. In the publishing version several powerful
DRM tools allow for safe cross-platform delivery of copyrighted eBooks
& Journal articles.  ... </end of blab>