Where is the top/bottom of the screen?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 15 00:31:43 EST 2003

On 12/14/03 11:16 PM, Igor Couto wrote:

> Thanks for the hint! I had already seen this, however, in my MacOS X
> system, with my screen set to a resolution of 1280x1024, the
> windowBoundingRect reports: "78,92,1205,1024".
>
> Hmmm. I can understand "1024" (the bottom of the screen), and  "1205"
> (the right of the screen minus the Dock - I guess). But why "78" and
> "92" for left and top, respectively?
>
> I tried hiding the toolbar (both Text and Icons), thinking that it might
> be taking Revolution's own interface elements (such as the palettes)
> into consideration before reporting the 'useable' area of the screen,
> but no... nothing changed...

Your hunch is right -- you are getting back the windowBoundingRect after
it is adjusted for Rev's palettes. Hiding the palettes won't change
anything because they are still really there, they are just invisible.
To get an accurate set of numbers, create a button with this script:

on mouseup
  answer the windowBoundingRect
end mouseup

Then suspend the development environment. You should see zeros in the
first two places of the result when you click the button.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com