Revolution evaluation for Campus Stack Development

Dan Mandell dmandell at saintmarys.edu
Sun Dec 14 22:44:41 EST 2003

After evaluating Revolution as a possible replacement for Hypercard as a
Language software development environment in OSX, I must confess I am
amazed that at the lack of documentation and what seem like significant
bugs in the OSX development environment at the introductory or tutorial
level, executable builds that contain broken disfunctional GUIs.

I have only have worked with the OSX version 2.1 but the problems I have
seen there,combined with the general lack of user support and
documentation, lead me to believe it would be a mistake to try to support
the product on our campus at the present time.

If my experience isn't typical, and some of you have actually developed
useful educational stacks, please, please set me straight...and kindly
share with me a working sample if possible.

thanks,
Dan
--
Dan Mandell, Instructional Technology