Remembering Build Properties

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Dec 12 13:18:10 EST 2003

On Dec 12, 2003, at 11:04 AM, Jason Spencer wrote:

> Does anyone have any workarounds or ideas for getting around the fact
> that the distribution builder forgets all its settings each time you
> build your project?

In my experience, in 2.1.2, the Distribution Builder doesn't forget
it's settings. In the DB use File | Save or choose "Save" when you
close the DB stack window.

There have been Saving problems in earlier versions of the DB. Maybe
that's what you are running into?

That said, I have totally given up and stopped using the "Save As..."
feature of DB where you can save your build settings out to another
stack file. It is buggy and error prone.

Instead I just do "File | Build Distribution", enter all my information
in there, and save the main distribution builder stack. This means I
can only have one saved app build profile for any version of Runrev.
It's kind of a pain.

> Thankfully you don't have to do this very often since you can run the
> app right in the IDE, but it would be nice if there were project files
> that you could save from the dist builder that would preserve these
> settings.

As mentioned above, there is a Save As feature, but don't even bother
using it in my opinion.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>