[OT] Poll: installers

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Dec 11 06:15:47 EST 2003

Hi Richard,

> Sorry for the bandwidth, but this will become on-topic at some point
> in the
> future so bear with me:
>
> Which installer do you use for -
>
> Mac Classic:
> OS X:
> Win32:
> Linux:
>
> Please email me OFFLIST so we don't litter the discussion with this
> unless
> you feel it's truly relevant here.  Thanks.

i only had to use one installer for windows until now and i created it
by myself with
MetaCard/Revolution, what did you think??? ;-)

A dedicated, full installer application is not a cheap thing, you
know?!!!

I even made it look exactly like these ugly but common used windoze
installers*, so the
win-folks felt familiar...

*Not the one with the blue backdrop, which looks a BIT nice...

Since installing a software is (maybe a bit more, but you get the
picture...) merely ;-)
copying files to the users HD, creating an alias here and there, maybe
some
registry-setting (on win), what's the problem?

OK, my installer even called a QT-installer, if needed, but that's no
big thing, either...

>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Ambassador at FourthWorld.com       http://www.FourthWorld.com
>  Tel: 323-225-3717                       AIM: FourthWorldInc

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
www.major-k.de