Platform Question

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 16:53:55 EST 2003

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:31:48 -0700, Thomas Cole <Tom.Cole at asu.edu> wrote:

>Just a quick newbie question or three. I use OSX Rev.
>
>1. If I were developing in Windows Rev I couldn't make a mac
>distribution, could I?

Yes, I think you could. I can't test this at the moment, but I seem
to remember having done so. If you are still interested (and nobody
else replies) I can test it for you later in the week.

>2.  Can my OSX Revolution software take a Windows rev stack and work
>with it to produce a mac standalone

Absolutely yes - I do this all the time, since I work at two sites,
one with a PC and the other with a Mac - and I boot up the Mac with
different versions of the OS depending on what I'm doing.Thus I
switch development environments between Windows XP, MacOSX and MacOS9
all the time, taking my work (.rev files) with me. This always works
(so far!) and I've been doing it for several months.

>3. or could a Windows Rev developer use a mac rev stack and continue
>developing it?

Yes, same answer

Graham