list of file paths and copying these files to new directory

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Dec 7 17:43:51 EST 2003

> Hi All.
> Thanks Sarah for the help again.
A pleasure :-)

>> answer folder "Please choose a folder:"
>> put it into destFolder
>> set the itemDelimiter to "/"
>> put field "URL list" into theFiles
>>
>> repeat for each line f in theFiles
>>         put destFolder & "/" & last item of f into newFile
>>         revCopyFile f, newFile
>> end repeat
>
> OK tried this and got a message
> executing at 10:27:44 AM
> Type    Chunk: no such object
> Object  Plonk Them Here
> Line    put field "URL list" into theFiles
> Hint    URL list

I just put in an example name for the field containing your original
file list. If you are using the global variable instead, you can
eliminate any reference to the field and change the start of the repeat
loop to:
	repeat for each line f in gHierList
Otherwise, replace "URL list" with the name of the field containing
your original list of files. For later debugging, or in case the order
of objects gets changed, it is always good practice to use the name of
an object rather than it's number.

> PS genesearch.com.au
>
> see sig. I am designing this app (we you all are) for my biorad
> confocal file transfer.
I'll have a look.

Cheers,
Sarah