Writing PDF files from RunRev

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Thu Dec 4 12:49:45 EST 2003

Hi again,

Really I don't see why you're wasting so much time & energy
on this piece of code that looks like a piece of crap : at first glance
I can see 2 big mistakes in it :

1) the 1st line of a PDF file must start with %PDF and contains
the version used to build it. It can be 1.0 or 1.1 or...
obviously the 1st line doesn't feature any valid version number...

2) the trailer of a PDF file must end with 2 lines :
            <the total # of bytes in the file>
            %%EOF
I don't see any of those in the example you submitted...

Again, you'd better start by studying the Adobe reference tutorial,
ans used PDF files that are 100% guaranteed to work, like
Illustrator files saved as PDF.

Good luck,
JB