How Does One Display A Leadind "-" In A PopUp Menu?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Dec 3 13:04:20 EST 2003

>>Can someone explain to me WHY Revolution chooses to ignore a line I
>>placed in a popUp menu?  It's there because I want it there; so
>>where does the engine get off ignoring my wishes?
>
>Probably because a hyphen is the symbol for a menu divider. Using it
>in a line of text is apt to confuse the engine.

That was my presumption too, Jacque; but more along the lines of
avoiding "-" being sent as an argument to menuPick.

But I'm not asking "-" to be sent, I want "-09" & "---".  And if I
had some arcane interface where I wanted "-" as a menuPick, why
shouldn't I be able to have it?...and if there is a good reason why I
can't have "-", why should that lock me out of ALL strings beginning
with "-"?

Please, Run Rev Team, don't protect me from myself to the extent you
take away my options...especially when, AFAICS, there is nothing
worth protecting me from here.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company