HELP with mov FLASHING

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 2 16:51:21 EST 2003

Ken, Heather,

I figured out what was going wrong. I had a selection changed in the
main stack that was being called when the movie in a substack was being
clicked on. I don't know if I like that happening from a substack or
not but I took it out of the main stack and put it in the shared
background group of the cards I needed a selectionChanged on. Below is
my script - I probably should have put a field checker before locking
the screen etc. -- it appears that once the frames were changed in the
movie a selectionChanged was sent from the substack to the mainstack
where this code was.

on selectionChanged
   lock screen
    put the number of this card into lmyCard
     find the clickText in field "SearchField" of card "Glossary..."
     if the result is "Not found"  -- not the text of me in field
"SearchField"
     then
       -- beep
     else
       put value(the foundLine) into field "Glos" -- background group
field
     end if
     go card lmyCard -- keep us from switching to the card "Glossary..."
stay right here
     unlock screen
end selectionChanged

Thanks All,