Printing Transparent PNG's

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Dec 2 15:30:15 EST 2003

Transparent PNG images in a stack print just fine on our Xante Laser
writer driven by Macs. But the same stack-card printed from an Windows
machine to an Epson Stylus inkjet color printer appears as a black box.

I suspect this is a question of printer drivers and the use of emulated
postscript and not true postscript (for which Epson has been loath to
pay the license fees on all but their top large format printers) But,
hoping I am wrong.. is there a work around short of changing the image
format on the fly  to .jpg (and losing the transparency) before
printing? If not, I'll just have to eliminate use of png transparency
for anything that needs printed output....

Hoping it's not true...

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery