About object alingment in transcript...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Dec 2 15:06:04 EST 2003

On 12/2/03 11:31 PM, "Andre Garzia" <soapdog at mac.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to align objects using transcript? Like side by side or
> stuff like that... I know we can select them and use the inspector to
> align but I wanted to do that dinamically during runtime.

Not sure if you can get at the alignment scripts in Rev, but if not,
alignment scripts are accessible in MetaCard.

On a related note, I've always believed that object alignment is somewhat
non-standard in Rev and MC.  In most layout applications, when you align
objects to the left, for example, all objects move to the extreme left of
all selected objects, not the first object selected.  (I suppose in an ideal
world it might be good to provide both options for alignment.) I've written
some scripts that deal with object alignment in the above manner.  If you
can't track down any of the development environment scripts, let me know.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design