Stacks 'Winking Out' or Hiding Behind BackDrop

Kathy Jaqua kgjaqua1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 2 08:23:59 EST 2003

Re: Stacks 'winking out' or hiding behind backDrop.

I am not sure if this is a bug.  To keep the backDrop
present; that is, set to black,
one must keep in mind the message passing order. In
HyperCard-remember the old days-we RESUME to the Card
then the Stack. So try:

In Stack Script:

on openCard
set the backDrop to "Black"
pass openCard
end openCard

on suspend
set the backDrop to none
pass suspend
end suspend

on resume
send "openCard" to this stack in 1 millisecond
pass resume
end resume

I seem to remember that to avoid confusion when
sending an 'on resume' or 'on resumeStack' message
handler we put some 'resume' commands into a
'themOldHandlerBlues' message handler.

This 'themOldHandlerBlues' handler is sent to openCard
'on resume'.

So Try:

on themOldHandlerBlues
set the backDrop to "Black"
end themOldHandlerBlues

on openCard
-- other openCard stuff here
themOldHandlerBlues
pass openCard
end openCard

I just discovered Revolution and find it delightful.
Developing software in X-Talk languages again is a
bright spot in my life.

I think this will work in Revolution. (Did I mention
"I Think"? I mean I Hope:)

Kathy Graves Jaqua
A Wildest Dream Software
kgjaqua1 at sbcglobal.net