updating graphic properties - question for the development team ?

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Mon Dec 1 17:12:29 EST 2003

I guess it's a question for the development team, since
it concerns the engine...

When updating a visual property of a control (like the
opaque of a field, or the backgroundcolor of a btn, etc.
IOW any property that leads in changes in the current
display) does the engine check the setting of this property
before trying to update anything ?

I'm asking because one of my script sets the opaque of a
large chunk of flds to true, and when the opaque of a large
portion of these flds is already set to true, I have the feeling
that the script runs significantly faster... as if it didn't bother
updating the display when the property is already set...

If it were the case, it would avoid complex checking of what
is set and what isn't in order to run scripts faster...

Or does it have to do with the way the OS handles display ?

Thanks,
JB