Bottleneck Graphic card in animations ? Or am I doing something wrong???

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Mon Dec 1 04:50:52 EST 2003

Hi list,

I wrote that I am about finishing my first game a few days ago, but now I
run into some serious trouble.

I´ve been writing this game for a few days now and it works pretty smoothly
on my G4 400 Mac, way too fast on my brothers 2.4 GHz Wintel machine (so i
put a "brake" into it and is unplayable on my girls 1.0 GHz wintel machine
because it is not scrolling smoothly and displaying animations very slowish.

But: My gamesprite (moved by the arrow keys) is moving very fast on my girls
machine also...

Could this be because she has only an onboard Graphic card with 16 MB Video
memory?

You might take a look at the stack @

http://www.derbrill.de/revstack/jump4joy.rev.zip
the stack is quite biggish (about 1 MB)

(I hope you don´t mind that the script is looking quite chaotic, I haven´t
cleared it up too much yet.)

The main game script is in the button "los"

If I can´t get it working better I can´t release it for windows and I am
afraid it won´t work too good on older Macs either...

Any ideas?

Malte