undocumented feature

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 27 23:34:01 EDT 2003

Wednesday, Monte Goulding wrote:

> So all we need now is a way to set the style info for translation using
> inheritance along the object model and I can throw away the style sheet
> stuff in in libXMLtext ;-)
>
> Cheers
>
> Monte

I was looking at revXMLText(), now that's a handy thing to have
available. I couldn't find libXMLtext. My own approach is to throw out
XML altogether. I love the way the htmlText parser ignores tag sets it
doesn't recognize. You can use any extensible tags you like and include
HTML style within the same document. Course that means building simple
pull-parser tricks to replace the XMLtree configuration. I guess it
comes down to where do you want to do a lot of extra work. By the way
if you find a way to throw out style sheets for rendering XML data
based on DOM and some kind of universal standard you come up with then
you are going to make a lot of DBMS people very happy.

Imagine this:

<root>
   <helloWorldApp>
   </helloWorldApp>