Collecting card field info...

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 05:16:01 EDT 2003

--- Gary Rathbone <gary.rathbone at btclick.com> wrote:
> I've got a small project with a data capture
> requirement. Users create
> their own fields, so I'm looking for something
> like...
>
> Repeat for the number of cards in this stack --1
>  Repeat for each field on this card --2
>    Put the name of this field after gFieldList
>  End--2
> End --1
>
> Once I know the reference of each field I can grab
> the contents and
> process accordingly.
>
> Can anyone assist with the syntax?
> Many Thanks
>
> Gary Rathbone

Hi Gary,

You were actually almost there :-)

-- gather the long ID of all fields
repeat with i = 1 to the number of cards
  repeat with j = 1 to the number of fields \
         of card i
    put the long ID of fld j of card i & return \
        after tFieldIDList
  end repeat
end repeat
-- remove the trailing return
delete char -1 of tFieldIDList
-- now process the data in the fields
repeat for each line tFieldID in tFieldIDList
  -- ...
end repeat

Using the long ID instead of the name ensures that you
get _all_ the correct data, even if there are two
fields on the same card with the same name.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====