Launch command alternatives?

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Mon Aug 25 18:10:30 EDT 2003

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 02:37  PM, Rob Cozens wrote:
> What are the symptoms of failure?
>
> According to Transcript Dictionary,
>
> "If the application is already running, the launch command does
> nothing, and 'Process is already open.' is placed in the result
> function.";

It seems to me that the "launch myDoc with myApp" form of the command
is totally useless then.

(That would be just like a .doc document not opening up when you
double-click on it on your desktop, when MS Word was already running.
With a popup "Can't open DOC file, MS Word application already
running.")

Hopefully just confused,

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com