Paint Tools

Dale Pond dalesvp at qwest.net
Mon Aug 25 12:24:02 EDT 2003

Jim Hurley wrote:

> Dale,
>
> I chose some numbers for a,b,d,... etc. in your script and it worked
> for me. It drew two rectangle and a line. Is it possible that your
> line was masked by the rectangles?
>
> May I suggestion that you might find Turtle Graphics to be helpful for
> the pencil drawings you are doing? It will be found under
> TurtleGraphics.rev on my web site:
>
> http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/
>
> Jim

 Wow! It works!? That's great news. I think the problem lies in how Rev
draws. Here is a quote from the Documentation:

"If you try to paint with the pencil on a card that has no images, an
image the size of the card is created to hold the painting. If the
current card already has one or more images, painting outside the image
has no effect."

So on a new card the pencil will draw on a created image. But on this
imported card the image is either not being created when initiating the
draw or something else is (not) happening. The card already has an image
which holds the fld names, b, e, d and a (imported this way). So do I
somehow create a second image? Or.... maybe I can show the fld names and
delete the existing image? I'll give it a whirl. I'll check out your
Turtle Graphics. For some time I've suspected Turtle (Logo) graphics
might be what I'm ultimately looking for but haven't found a way to use
it yet.

--
Life, Light, Love and Laughter,
Dale Pond