delete line x in Rev 2.1B2 vs. 2.1RC1

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 21 21:04:00 EDT 2003

On 8/21/03 8:26 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 07:14 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>>> I wonder if there is an similar change in behavior for other non-char
>>> chunks.
>>
>> Aren't all chunks comprised of characters by definition?
>
> I never learned to write.  I mean chunks other than characters such as
> words and items and maybe even more exotic things I have forgotten about.

Or I never learned to read. I see what you mean.

"Put empty into" removes the contents of the chunk. If that is a
character or a word, removing the contents effectively deletes it too.
But if there is a delimiter, like a comma or return, putting empty into
the chunk removes the contents, but leaves the delimiter. Only deleting
the chunk removes the delimiter too.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com