Release Candidate 1 Available -- Special Offers End Soon

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 21 17:33:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 12:14 PM, Heather Williams wrote:

>> I am slightly confused. I have an old-style 'Revolution Pro' licence,
>> and my renewal date is in December. Is there any advantage for me in
>> using/taking up any of the special offers, or should I lie low and
>> say nuffin?
>
> Professional license holders can renew on the old terms, for $299 and
> get a
> year's renewal (no tech support). If you renew early, your license
> will run
> from the end of your existing license. You will get an Enterprise level
> renewal.

The ability to renew early without license period penalty is great!
What do we need to do to make sure that works right?

> If you want to switch to the new licensing, you can buy a new
> discounted
> license, but you will not then be able to switch back to the old model.

I am a little confused, too.

I received an email from "support" that my license was "converted" to
Commercial Enterprise back on July 29.  It also said, "...you are still
bound by your previous license agreement."

On the licensing page in the License Renewals table is this row:

SBE - existing customers only | none | Renewal | $299

Does your statement above mean that Pro people can take advantage of
that?  Or is that an error?  Is there a time limit on that?  What do I
miss besides support if I take the $299 option instead of the $399
renewal?

I'm not very clear on my transition period privileges.  (This partially
because I have not been clear on my support privileges in general and
I'm not sure whether I'm not exploiting those as I should or whether
I'm abusing something.)  Where do Pro licenses stand?

Dar scott