DB Access in standalones

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Aug 20 11:43:01 EDT 2003

Previously, Trevor DeVore <trevor at mangomultimedia.com> said:

> At first, program.rev would simply start using database.rev and that
> worked
> fine in the Rev development environment.  When I built the standalone
> this
> wouldn't work though.  I then added a line which would start using
> splash.rev (the rev file that was part of the executable) and then
> everything started working great.  I assume that the splash.rev file
> had the
> links to the database external and by using it as a library in
> program.rev
> it made the database functionality available to it.  Hope this helps.

I tried this, too, but there was no change in behavior. To reprise: my
main stack, which basically is a splash and login screen, comes up. I
am able to authenticate a user against the mySQL database. In fact I
can keep logging in various users and even add users to the db from my
login card. But when I go to the substack, which presents a series of
quizzes whose items are pulled from an item bank in the db, all
database accesses fail. Then if I go back to the main stack login card,
I can no longer access the database, but get a 'dberror, invalid
database type' error. Strangely enough, this error (I think) is
returned by the db library, so apparently my stack is still finding it.

Hey Rev team! Anyone following this? Help us out here; this is a major
problem.

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University