DB Access in standalones

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Aug 19 18:13:01 EDT 2003

I had problems with database access in standalones at one point but was able to get everything working.  Here is how my project is set up-

1) I have one splash stack whic his used to create the executable (splash.rev)
2) The main program (program.rev) and two additional pop-up windows are .rev files stored external to the executable.
3) The main program has a sub stack which has all of the database calls (database.rev).
4) When the executable launches it opens program.rev and hides itself.

At first, program.rev would simply start using database.rev and that worked fine in the Rev development environment.  When I built the standalone this wouldn't work though.  I then added a line which would start using splash.rev (the rev file that was part of the executable) and then everything started working great.  I assume that the splash.rev file had the links to the database external and by using it as a library in program.rev it made the database functionality available to it.  Hope this helps.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com