DB Access in standalones

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Aug 18 15:19:02 EDT 2003

I am building a standalone for OS X 10.2.6 (Rev v. 2.0.2, Commercial
Enterprise license). The app uses database calls to a mysql database on
my file server. In the development environment it works perfectly. I
built an OS X distribution, taking care to include the db libraries.
However, the standalone does not successfully contact the database.
Instead I get a revdberr, invalid database type. (I chose to include
error messages during distribution building.

One puzzling thing: The standalone gets built with two folders in the
same folder as the application package: database_drivers and
revdb.bundle. I thought this was strange, because I'd understood that
the db libraries were supposed to be put into the app package. So I
moved them into the package. Now when I launch the app and try to
connect to the database, it still fails, but I don't get the error
message.

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University